Craft Your Positioning Statement With This Template
When you understand the core message you need to communicate to prospects, you can make informed decisions throughout the creative process. Your positioning becomes the DNA of your brand. Use your statement as inspiration for persuasive language on your website and in other marketing materials.
What is Positioning Anyway!?
Your brand’s position is the place it occupies in someone’s mind.
Positioning is what you do to influence how you and your business is perceived by your ideal clients.
Effective positioning answers eight fundamental questions simmering in the back of a prospect’s head:
The template answers the eight fundamental questions:
- 1What’s your name? [Brand], [Personal name], and [Company role].
- 2What type of service do you provide? [Product or service category]
- 3Who do you serve the best? [Ideal client]
- 4 How will your service improve my life? [Key benefit/-s]
- 5What makes your offer unique? Why should I buy from you, specifically? [Primary differentiator/-s]
- 6Do you have the expertise I need? [Proofs]
- 7 Do you have enough experience? [Proofs]
- 8 Would I enjoy working with you? [Brand personality]
Your positioning statement should be an honest reflection of your product, service, or brand.
It expresses how your product, service or brand fills a particular type of client's need in a way that its competitors don’t.
It’s important to remember that no one cares if you’re different unless you’re different in a way that will help them get something they desire deeply.
The key to a good statement is specificity.
It is for your own use.
Positioning Statement Template